Arngee

Arngee, aka Otto, is the mascot of Syracuse University. The ISDP Advertising Design class of 2004 adopted him as one of their own and took him on a trip around the world. Hope you enjoy all his travels!

Monday, January 02, 2006

Mascot meets mascot


Lots of people have told me that an orange makes a pretty stupid mascot. That an orange would not instill fear in the opposing team! Well, I have always said nay to that!

And then, I received a banana slug that is the mascot for University of California Santa Cruz (UCSC). A slug! They do not even move fast! You could pelt the opposing team with oranges, but have you ever thrown a slug? They are soft, they would not hurt all that much and only if you got someone in the eye, I understand the slime they produce can be an irritant.

I have researched best I can to see if the slug has a name. The best I uncovered was they are called the Fighting Banana Slugs. Fighting?! I guess the one admirable quality about slugs that I know is if you ever find them in your garden, if you place a shallow dish with beer in it, they will be attracted to it and eventually drown when they climb in for a sip! That's right, they love beer so much, they will drown in it. They cannot help themselves!

A slug I say!

2 Comments:

At 8:13 AM, Blogger Willie Baronet said...

Ewwwwwwwwwww.

 
At 10:12 AM, Blogger rzdesign said...

I know! I can only imagine their team with the support and motivation of a slug!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home